You’ve decided on flutter app development, and now you’re wondering where to even begin. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to follow when starting any new Flutter project. From choosing the right IDE to setting up your first code file, we will show you what tools and packages work best for each step of your journey.
From a quick overview of the tools and packages that best suit your needs to setting up your first Flutter app development project, before you begin looking for Flutter resources, it’s important we mention a few prerequisites. The most important thing is having the latest version of Android Studio or Visual Studio installed.
What is Flutter app development?
Google created the free and open-source Flutter platform in May 2017 to allow for the creation of native apps for both Android and iOS using a single codebase. The Dart programming language and the React programming architecture are the foundations for the programming language Flutter. It supports the creation of high-performance applications, Android Studio, Firebase APIs, inline videos, and advertisements. It more closely resembles an SDK for touch-screen programs that function well with iOS and Android.
With the assistance of the company offering Flutter app development services, you can create interactive and useful apps with performance similar to native and adaptable UI designs. Instead of being a framework, Flutter is an extensive SDK (Software Development Kit) that comes with all the tools you need to make cross-platform applications. There are command-line tools, a rendering engine, pre-made widgets, testing and integration APIs, and more.
Key Characteristics of Flutter Application Development
The platform reliability and efficiency of a company’s custom business apps are very important. Additionally, timely updates and real-time support are crucial for retaining and satisfying customers. Hire Flutter app developers to leverage & develop the following for your company’s overall solution.
- Resource Saving: Flutter works with an architecture that includes a single-core application codebase and a binary code framework. The app comes with a unique smooth, hardware-accelerated Skia graphics engine.
- Faster Development: With Flutter’s optimized hot reload features, you won’t have to restart the program when you make changes to the code. You can instantly see the latest changes on your device’s screen.
- High Performing: The Dart programming language is used to develop Flutter apps, and the engineers at Google created a framework that allows developers to create apps that function on all platforms.
- Extensibility: The Google engineers built an extensible platform. By using widgets and more widgets, you can develop the exact functions your business needs.
- Security: Apps developed exclusively for the Flutter platform come with a higher level of security. Every app has a unique codebase and architecture that is backed by strong security features.
- Productive and stable: Working with Flutter doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice productivity. The platform offers a stable and reliable development environment.
- Easy Integration: Flutter integrates with any device through Dart’s reactive programming. This comes with more features than the standard Android or iOS SDK and is easy to use. Not only does this give you the ability to integrate your business app quicker, but it also keeps everything up-to-date for better performance and efficiency.
- Faster Time to Market: Get your app ready for the market at a sooner date. Flutter speeds up your development process from 5x to 10x. The platform allows developers to create and update apps instantly by using hot reload features that enable developers to see live changes on the device screen.
Read More: Flutter vs Swift for IOS App Development
Advantages of Flutter App Development
Here are the top five benefits of using Flutter, as seen through the eyes of app developers. Look at it now.
- Single Codebase: With Flutter, your developers can write a single codebase for your two business apps, outlining them for both iOS and Android platforms. It is platform-independent because it has its own set of designs and widgets. Even more intriguing is the ease with which you can distinguish between apps that run on the same platform on two different platforms.
- Fewer Checks: Lesser checks and testing issues result from having the same apps on two different platforms. The QA procedure could be sped up. Since only one app needs to be tested and evaluated, testing is made simpler for QA experts. It goes without saying that if your apps include a unique change, the quality checks should be done for both platforms in accordance.
- Faster Code Writing: Flutter aids your developers in setting up a more dynamic and quick environment for developing mobile applications. Its Hot Reload feature facilitates quick experimentation, efficient feature addition, and efficient bug fixing. It facilitates the development of a working relationship between the developer and the designer.
- Rapid App Development: If your business apps were created with Flutter, they would scroll without any cutting or hanging. With their successful implementation, developers have plenty of options from which to choose. These pre-built widgets aid in the quick development of mobile applications.
- Minimalistic Designs: Flutter makes it simple to make new widgets. Another benefit of this technology is the ability to customize and combine these widgets with already existing ones. This aids in providing the best designs possible along with user-friendly experiences.
How to Find the Best Flutter App Development Company?
When it comes to outsourcing, a large number of companies have emerged with several options available. Some companies can provide you with the best and high-quality services, while others will give you prompt service at affordable costs. If you are looking for the best company for Flutter app development services, then there is a need to consider the following factors.
The first thing that should be checked is the experience of the company offering Flutter app development services. A company may have a long history of offering Flutter app development services, but that doesn’t imply the quality of their work is up to par with industry standards.
When you look for companies to develop custom business apps for your business, ensure that you can see some of their previous work to assess their capability and excellence. You should also be able to meet your project manager face to face to get acquainted with them, have a conversation with them, and get updated on the developments of your project.
The global popularity of mobile applications has seen a significant rise. The benefits of mobile apps cannot be undermined, and they are considered the most effective method for communication and marketing.
Flutter has been used in various applications such as
- IMDb Movies & TV shows app
- Alibaba Group (AliOS)
- UberEats App – Android
Consider the features listed above when searching for the best mobile app development company to create your custom business apps. This will open the door for a straightforward working relationship on your project with few obstacles and a greater sense of satisfaction.