Trigger finger is considered as a stenosing tenosynovitis, in which a thumb or finger is stuck in bent positions. This problem can straighten with a sudden snap, and you have to deal with this. It has its name since straightening your fingers can lead to a popping sensation feeling like pulling triggers.
Trigger fingers happen owing to your inflammation which can narrow your sheath around your tendon in your fingers. This can help stop the tendon from smoothly gliding the sheath because you get your finger moved.
Symptoms of Trigger Finger
There are some common symptoms of trigger finger including a lump in the base of your finger, a snapping noise with movement, a lingering soreness or a stiffness in your affected finger.
Trigger finger can have a negative impact on your thumb and you middle as well as ring fingers. It is found common in individuals or women who have arthritis and diabetes. In addition, people whose job needs repetitive actions are increasing the risk of contracting trigger finger.
As you might not know about, the condition becomes uncomfortable and painful. It can make you limit the movement and then make your fingers unable to straighten.
But, if you can know how to ease the discomfort, trigger finger will no longer affect your life anymore. And in case you do not know how to reduce it, then some home remedies are hear and available to help you out.
Following are top natural home remedies for trigger finger.
- Rest Finger
One of the most effective ways to stop the trigger finger is resting it from 3 to 4 weeks. Resting is vital to control and heal the tendon. It is beneficial for reducing the inflammation and easing the soreness, then accelerating the healing process.
Remember that in case you place pressure over your affected finger, you can make the pain and inflammation become worse.
Rest your finger as soon as possible and stay away from some activities that demand repetitive gripping, the prolonged usage of vibrating your hand held machines or repeated grasping.
- Use A Cold Compress
Another effective home remedies for trigger finger is cold compress. You can witness your improvement by applying a cold compress for a couple of times per day.
The cold compress provides you a numbing influences on your nerve ending which can help you alleviating the swelling as well as the pain.
How to apply:
- Place some ice cubes into a towel and get it tied securely
- Rub the ice pack over your affected area and leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Have a break in about 5 minutes before re-apply it for another 3 times.
- Perform the same treatment for several times on a daily basis if necessary.
Note: you are not allowed to put the ice directly over the skin because it can trigger frostbite.
- Warm Water
Warm water is a perfect solution for this condition. The reason to make it become one of the most amazing home treatment for trigger finger is its effectiveness of speeding up the healing process by relaxing the muscles and tendon.
Soaking your finger in this warm water can help increase your flow of blood and then alleviate the pain in order to let you move your ginger easier.
How to apply:
- Get a blow filled off with warm water
- You can choose to insert a teaspoon of Epsom salt to it
- Dip your affected finger into this solution and leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Perform the same treatment for about 5 times entire day
You also need to check the temperature of water to keep the burning on the skin at bay.
- Massage The Finger
Don’t forget to masse your finger frequently. A regular massage can aid in increasing circulation, hence relaxing the muscles and alleviating the stiffness as well as swelling.
How to apply:
- Heat some olive, coconut oil or sesame oil in the microwave
- Rub the warm oil over your affected finger
- Use another finger to your hands to help massage it nicely for about 10 minutes
- Perform the same process for thrice per day
- Aloe Vera
The anti-inflammatory agent present in aloe vea can ease the inflammation, soreness and stiffness responsible for trigger finger. Also, the amino acid and vitamin is powerful for damaged tendon.
How to apply:
- Prepare an aloe vera and extract the gel
- Apply it over your affected area for about three times on a daily basis
You can opt for taking aloe vera supplement but after you consul the doctor.