Every player in the shipping industry remains anxious after every freight shipment until the process is complete successfully. Earlier, this anxiety used to be at the peak of one’s temperament, given the only way to know about the whereabouts of cargo was by getting the information from the importer that he had received it. Thanks to the ever-developing technology, the advanced services of the shippers and the easy access to applications, traders can now use the OOCL container tracking facility to get the information. The shipping process is simplified like never before with the technology that allows exporters, importers and anyone who has access to the container tracking system to track their cargo.
The shippers and logistics service providers provide their clients with access to tracking their freight shipments while it is seaborne or airborne. While a tracking facility is not much needed for the latter transportation, one will always need this facility for the former. For an OOCL tracking facility that is uninterrupted and accurate, one should always choose the best shipping partner available in India by utilising their resources to most of their benefits!
The OOCL container tracking is facilitated through satellites and the internet with a systematic chain of services.
The Process of Container Tracking In The Shipping Industry
The introduction of the OOCL container tracking facility has lifted the shipping standards of most of the traders and shipping lines. With the introduction of GPS (Global Positioning Systems), it has become possible to track the location of moving or still objects anywhere within the defined location. The shipping lines have used this service to their benefits by inculcating a chain of containers that move from one country to another within the defined boundaries of the existing shipping lines.
The Functioning of The Container Tracking System
The details of the ship, available containers, and all the shipping routes are updated online to the available channels that conduct the OOCL container tracking facility.
- A tracking device is fitted on the external surface of every shipping container. There are two devices used in this process; the magnetic devices or the locking mechanisms.
- There are two ways of enabling the OOCL container tracking facility. The first is the GPS-GSM system wherein the GPS is connected to the tracking devices and inputs their live location feed to the GSM satellite. The service provider renders the information from the satellite and uses it to deliver it to the traders.
- The second is the local short-range system of a wireless network. However, this option is applicable only for short distances, and thus, service providers cannot use this one for international shipping lines.
The GPS-GSM is the most widely used OOCL container tracking network that the shippers use. This one is reliable, sustainable and inputs accurate information unless the traders accessing the same do not have a stable network. Therefore, exporters and importers must always use a fast and supportive network to track their containers.
Container Tracking Online: Step-By-Step Procedure
The OOCL container tracking process is a simple and convenient one, especially for traders who are gadget-friendly and keep tracking their private online orders regularly. All one has to do is follow the steps intently and use a reliable source of information. In some cases, it is often seen that the traders use lame websites as per their convenience, take the wrong information and deliver the same to the importers or his buyers, causing a chain of mistrust in his business. Therefore one should always choose the best in the field.
Steps To Follow For Container Tracking
- Visit the site of the container supplier or the logistics department that are offering the shipping service. If one is not comfortable with the user-interface of such websites, he can opt for Cogoport and enjoy user-friendly services. The company offers a tracking facility for almost all types of containers.
- Go to the window that says “container tracking” or any term related to it. The page will appear on the screen and ask for some basic information.
- The booking number and the name of the container are a must. Whether it be the site of the service provider or any third party, one has to input these two details, apart from others if needed. Like, some websites might demand the invoice/bill number, type of container booking, etc.
- Enter all the required information and check its accuracy before submitting the same. Else, the website will search signals for some other container and will render the wrong details.
- Once done, hit submit and wait for the update. One can keep the live-tracking on too if the facility is available.
OOCL container tracking is one of the most useful benefits that the shippers and logistics department offers these days. If one is wise enough to choose a reliable service provider, this facility can help them channelise their available information in building their supply chain. After all, a healthy business network is built on the foundation of good service and mutual trust!