Rhinoplasty is plastic surgery more commonly known as ‘nose job’. This intensive operation is done to alter or modify the bone or cartilage of your nose. In today’s scenario, people have become more focused on beauty standards. In these competitive times, everyone wants to look more beautiful. And surgeries like Rhinoplasty are just a small step to reinvent yourself. It is not only about your appearance becoming more perfect but also about regaining your self-confidence when you look at yourself in the mirror.
But before making this crucial decision of deciding whether to or not to go for rhinoplasty surgery, there are many things to keep in mind.
BEFORE THE SURGERY
- Before the surgery, the patient will need to discuss their medical history with the doctor. The doctor usually inquires about any previous surgeries you have had. In case of any disorder or special medications, the doctor needs to be informed precisely as it might affect the surgical procedure.
- The surgeons typically go for a detailed test before going for surgery. It includes a blood test and an X-Ray of the nose. An X-Ray would determine the features of your nose both inside it and outside it. It would help the doctor to ensure the prevention of any kind of nasal obstruction while designing a plan for the surgery.
- For the rhinoplasty surgery, the doctor will also conduct a proper photoshoot of your nose from different angles. Later on, after the procedure, this would be used for the assessment of before and after results, and for the discussion related to the desires wanted by the patient.
- The final but the step of utmost prominence is a discussion of your goals with your doctor. This would help your surgeons to design a roadmap of the surgery. It would also provide you with a plethora of information about what to expect after the surgery.
This is an operation of rigorous labor and extra care. But there are a few things to keep at mind after you have gotten your rhinoplasty done.
AFTER THE SURGERY
No matter how much precisely your medical providers undergo the doctor, the surgery will bring some complications and risks which will be evaded with time.
- WHAT TO DO
- Eating fruits and vegetables rich in Fiber.
- Placing your head at a higher level than your nose while sleeping.
- Applying sunscreen lotion on your nose to avoid burning your nose due to sunlight.
- Wear clothes that are close to the front.
- Take baths instead of showers.
- WHAT NOT TO DO
- Wear sunglasses or spectacles for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- Avoid laughing and smiling which can cause strain in the nose.
- Brush gently to avoid pressure on the upper lips.
- Strenuous activities such as jogging should be avoided.
It might be a difficult operation and swelling of the nose is the most common issue you will experience after you get your rhinoplasty done, for life-altering events small problems must be tackled. And your surgeons will thoroughly help you in tackling them.