There are very few things which are as convenient as a good night’s sleep. The real value of sleep is known to a person who is an insomniac. This particular mattress was initially designed for NASA airplane seats. Made from a substance called viscoelastic, it is not only high-energy absorbent but soft too.
What is a memory foam bed mattress?
A memory foam bed mattress is preferred highly now because it molds as per the body. It works in tandem with the body’s heat and pressure, evenly dividing the body weight. The best part is that it goes back to its original shape once the pressure is removed. If you are also considering buying new mattresses, then here is some analysis to help you make a better decision regarding a memory foam bed mattress:
Advantages of a memory foam bed mattress
The top advantages of a memory foam bed mattress are as follows:
- It provides pressure point relief. The springs in this mattress resist push as well as weight upwards against you, while gravity keeps pulling you down.
- The conforming properties of a memory foam mattress help in providing natural alignment support. This is an advantage as compared to normal spring mattresses. These mattresses basically distort alignment as they keep on pushing shoulders and hips without really supporting the lower back.
- This particular mattress does not force you to toss and turn at all times. It can get really uncomfortable for a person provided they aren’t able to sleep in a comfortable position. Hence, it makes a lot more sense to get a mattress that adjusts as per your body type.
- Additionally, a memory foam bed mattress has proven to reduce allergens. Being naturally inhospitable to different microbes, it prevents the building-up of dust mites, dust, and even mold.
- Lastly, these mattresses are highly durable and last for long duration of time..
Disadvantages of a memory foam bed mattress
While the disadvantages are limited, we cannot say that there a memory foam bed mattress has no disadvantage at all. Some issues to watch out for include the following:
- First and foremost, as the memory foam mattress is made from dense foam there are chances it can become really hot. The air gets trapped inside and can make the person feel extremely hot.
- If the mattress isn’t aired properly frequently, then it smells.
- People with back problems require a firm mattress. Hence, it is advisable for people with constant back issues to buy foam-based mattress. But, at the same time- for people who suffer through mild body pain, using a foam bed mattress is really helpful as it relieves the pressure points. So in a way, this disadvantage can be negated.
Like everything, even a memory foam bed mattress comes with its fair share of advantages and disadvantages. However, the advantages outlast the disadvantages so we strongly recommend you to buy thistype of mattress for a good night’s sleep.