No doubt, the chicken curry recipe is a delicious dish that is one of the most popular cooking staples across the world. Today, we are here with a quick and easy to prepare chicken roaster recipe that is an ultimate treat to enjoy this festive season. The effortless health chicken recipe involves a few Indian spices like garam masala, coriander, and cumin with an added pinch of sour cream and tomato paste. And yes! How can we forget that sweet hot paprika that brings that gorgeous glossy color to it?
Usually, if you plan to cook chicken curry at your home, it won’t take more than 15 minutes. And guess what? The best part that you don’t have to do much for enjoying the flavor and taste of healthy chicken curry is. So, let’s get started then.
INGREDIENTS TO BRING ON THE COUNTER.
- Chicken – Expert chefs recommend buying thighs as they are more juicy and tender than breasts. And still, you can also utilize chicken breast; why not.
- Tomato paste – A little bit of tomato paste for the thickness and color it adds. It is entirely optional if you don’t want to use it.
- Sour cream – Sour cream adds a unique zest, but you can use yogurt alternatively if you favor.
- Spice mix – Nearly everyone has these basic spices like coriander, cumin, paprika, and turmeric. They are found in most Middle Eastern and Indian dishes. If you don’t hold these, you can replace the powders in the recipe with 1 or 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Curry powder – It is readily available in most supermarkets nowadays. If you don’t have the seasonings, don’t bother too much; just add two full tablespoons of curry powder. Ensure you purchase the curry powder that is appropriate for you, not-spicy, medium, or too hot.
Let’s move onto the quick health chicken recipe now.
- Clean, rinse, and dice the chicken.
- Top with a seasoning of salt, pepper, and lemon juice – and set down.
- Add all the paste elements to a food processor and combine until it becomes smooth enough.
STEW THE CURRY
- Heat oil in a saute pan that is big enough for the complete recipe.
- Add the grounded paste and cook it on a medium flame for at least 3-5 minutes.
- If required, add some tablespoons of water to limit the spices from scorching.
- You will perceive that the spice paste is cooked sufficiently when you get a pleasant aroma in the kitchenette.
- Further, add the cut tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix both of them well.
- Add the chicken chunks and cover them well with the mixture.
- Add one mug of water and stir again. Cook it for about 8 to 10 minutes till the chicken is prepared.
- Combine sour cream and move well. Check and readjust seasoning if required.
- Spatter with more chopped fresh cilantro before you bring it on the table.
You are all set to enjoy this delicious and creamy chicken curry recipe with your loved ones. Let us know how you and your fellows find it out; we’d love to hear from you!