If you also one of those, facing no network coverage in some spots of your premise then using an extender can help. The Linksys Wireless G Range Extender does exactly what its name implies in that it extends the area that a wireless network can cover. So the Linksys Extender Setup is exactly what you need. The best way to use the standby extender is to place it at a point where the wireless signal is weaker.
The Wireless G Extender works by using the 802.11g standard, which allows you to connect to the wireless network up to 54 Mbps, although the original wireless network must also be using at least 802.11g.
Things You will Need
- Setup CD
- wireless router wireless
- network name (SSID)
- wireless security key
Replacing the reach extender will return it to the factory settings. The Linksys wireless extension extender is used with wireless Internet equipment such as computers and wireless routers. Extenders are used to expand the reach of the wireless network. If you have noticed that your wireless extender is not working, as you already did, you can reset it to its factory default settings. Replacing the Linksys Wireless Range Extender back to its factory default is an easy task that can be done in literally 10 seconds.
Where to start?
Given below are the steps for Linksys Range Extender Setup Manually, so you have to start with these:
- Connect the Wireless Range Extender G and place it near the wireless router.
- Insert the installation CD into your computer. The setup wizard starts.
- After you hit the Setup, go to the next screen and click on Next.
- Click “Yes” if the wireless network setup found matches the SSID of the wireless network. If it does not match the SSID, click “No” Then on the next screen, select the SSID from the list of networks and click “Yes.”
- Click the drop-down menu next to “Security” and click on the wireless security enter your wireless network uses. In the box next to type “Passphrase” on the wireless security key and click “Next.”
- Tap on your “Range Extender” in the list of range extenders, then click “Yes.” If there are no other range extenders in use, yours will be the only device listed.
- Type “admin” for the Autonomy Extender password, then click “Enter.” Click “Next” to keep the default IP settings, and then on the next screen, click “Yes” to save the settings.
- Click “Exit,” then turn off the stand-by extender and place it in the desired location. Once set plug the extender back in to the power plug.
Points to be Consider:
There are some points that you must consider while setting up your extender:
- When deciding the location for your extender, avoid choosing a location with the objects that are signal absorbers or the signal reflectors. Other thing to avoid is the stray-radio frequency signals from other interference. These interference include refrigerators, oven, and the cordless phones.
- When you are asked for assign a name to your Wi-Fi network, you must assign a unique network name and the credentials to avoid conflictions.
- Most of the Extenders have their own software or portals such as http extender linksys com for optimizing network conditions, location and performance. There are many options available from the famed manufacturers such as the Linksys and the Netgear.
So this is how you setup a Linksys Wi-Fi Range Extender manually. However, do remember to consider the prerequisites and the points of consideration given above.