Medical laboratory equipment is that equipment are devices which are used in various sections of the medical field in order to get various results including assisting in various medical procedures. This equipment enhances the ability of the medical practitioner to the various extent and can help in diagnosing a disease or could help in procedures such as surgical. They are also used in the rehabilitation and recovery of the patients. Due to the greater impact of the medical equipment in the field of medical science, they are given more and more important as they enable the doctors to treat the diseases more and more effectively.
This equipment is used in various subsections of the medical field such as genetics, blood analysis, urine analysis, and chemistry.
• Life support is perhaps one of the most important medical Laboratory Equipment that is used in across various hospitals and clinics. Life support helps in maintaining the equilibrium inside the body and also plays an important role in the normal functioning of the various systems that are inside the body which are crucial to keeping a person alive. This equipment includes ventilators, dialysis machine, CPB or cardiopulmonary bypass, anesthetic machines. Life support plays a vital role whenever one or more system of the body fails to function properly for various reasons and it helps in keeping the person alive.
• X-ray, MRI, CT, PET scan is another category of medical equipment which is used in diagnosing various diseases. For example, for fracture of any bones, X-ray is primarily is used in various laboratories to spot the point of fracture and the impact of it. For detailed analysis, CT and MRI are used though they are costlier than X-ray. This category of equipment provides the much-needed analysis to make a judgment about what condition the patient is suffering from.
• Medical lasers, Infusion pumps, LASIK surgical machines constitute another group of medical equipment which is known as therapeutic equipment. They aid in various therapy which is required in many patients who are suffering from various diseases.
• There are other categories of LAB equipment which does aid in the analysis of various bodily fluids. For example, blood analysis is the most common procedure when a patient is suffering from some serious diseases and to differentiate the diagnosis, various measures from the analysis are taken. Same goes for urine analysis also where various components that are found in urine are analyzed and then a conclusion is drawn upon what type of diseases that the patient may be having.
• EEG, ECG are those type of equipment that help in analyzing the state of the body. EEG could point out to any abnormal functioning that is occurring in the brain or EEG could point out abnormalities in the way that the heart of the patient is pumping. Assessing the medical state of the patient is very crucial in diagnosing and treating a disease. Sometimes it could be a life and death situation when the vital signs are compromised. This type of equipment gives the opportunity to check for those vital signs and take measures as and when needed.
What Is Science Laboratory Equipment?
In every science laboratory, you’ll find some basic LAB equipment which will be used in day to day experimentation. This equipment helps in carrying out various tasks including measuring and other important procedures and hence they play a crucial role in experimentation. They are also pivotal in the following aspect that, their accuracy is very important in deducing various conclusions in a science laboratory.
Following are a few types of scientific laboratory equipment which are used for various purposes.
• Beakers: Beakers are one of the most common components in a science laboratory. They act as a container for mixing or heating various components. They come in different sizes and depending upon the need, different beakers are used. They also come in various shapes where some specific beakers are used only in some special cases as when the shape of the beaker becomes crucial to carry out an experiment.
• The test tube is small glass tubes of which one end is closed and the other end is open. These test tubes are used for holding small samples of the chemicals and their mixtures. They are also used in heating various chemicals.
• Watch glasses are generally concave or convex in shape and they are used in holding a small amount of liquid. They are used for various purposes, for example, watch glass is used in evaporating substances. Watch glasses often act as a lid for the beakers from time to time.
• Droppers are used to pour a small amount of liquid or to squeeze out some amount of liquid. They are a narrow tube with tips at one end and a rubber bulb on the other end. Droppers are used extensively in chemical laboratories.
• Funnels come in various sizes. These are made from plastic though glass funnels are also not uncommon. They have a short or a long stem. The length of the stem is defined by on what purpose the funnel is used for. In some cases, funnels with a short stem are used and in some other cases, funnels with the long stem are used.
• Graduated cylinders are used to measure the volume of a liquid. There are various markings on the graduated cylinder. These markings follow an incremental pattern and thus, just watching the marking, it can be said about how much volume of the liquid is in that graduated cylinder.
• Spatula: If you are testing with solid chemicals, then at one point or the other time, you need to scoop out a portion of the solid chemical. In order to scoop out a portion of the chemical, the Spatula is used.
• Bunsen burner is an apparatus which is used in the scientific laboratory in order to heat objects. They are connected to inflammable sources by which they could work as a heating source for various chemicals. It is required to take utmost precaution when you are dealing with Bunsen burner.
• A laboratory thermometer is used to take the temperature of the liquid. There are different types of thermometers used in scientific laboratories. Some are made up of glass and some other are made up thermocouples.