So, you’ve just downloaded a piece of software off the internet because you thought it would help with your daily tasks and you also thought it was free. However, the minute you open it up it tells you that your 30-day trial has just begun!
I’ve lost count of the number of times this has happened to me and it’s really annoying, not only did I waste time to download it I now have to figure out how to get it off my computer.
For all of you that have a Windows-based operating system and have not got the first clue on how to do this, I can help.
You may also like to read about Cuevana
How to Uninstall a Program in Windows
1. First of all, go to the start tab on the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
2. Select the control panel.
3. Then select “remove or add programs”.
4. Depending on how much stuff you have on your computer will depend on how long it takes for it to load up the programs that you have installed. Be patient and wait until a list of all the programs you have installed pop up on the screen.
5. Once the list appears, scroll down until you find that pesky piece of software you have downloaded and it’s highlighted.
6. On the right-hand side, you will notice that there is a button that says “Change/Remove”.
7. Click on this button.
8. There are several things that can happen when you click on this box; you may be asked which components you wish to remove, in your case, you will just want the whole program off your computer so select everything. In some cases, you may just be asked if you wish to remove the program from your computer.
9. One tip here, MAKE SURE it’s the right program, the window is a great operating system but it can’t always detect if you’re about to remove something you will need in order to use your computer effectively.
10.Once you’re happy that you have the right program and are ready to click “OK” and go for it. Your system will then remove the program from your computer.
This is one way in which you can uninstall a program from your computer, there are, however, programs available for download on the internet that is in fact free and will make this process much quicker.
For those of you that have a lot of stuff on your computer, the above method can be a little time-consuming. I, for instance, have a program that works in less than 2 minutes when I wish to uninstall a program from my PC. I happened upon this program just by searching for a registry cleaner (an article for another day). I have been using it for some months now and it always does the job efficiently and I’ve had no problems with it. Before you go ahead with this, make sure you do your homework and are confident that the program won’t cause a problem for you.