Launching a new website is nearly a science. Websites generally fit into a few categories: portfolios, local businesses, blogs, or e-commerce websites. Almost a decade ago, it was very easy to launch a new website and drive traffic to it because there was much less competition. Today, every second, a new company or business launches a website to showcase their products and services. The competition to drive traffic and generate leads has increased substantially these days, and businesses must create budgets not only for the development of the website but also to drive traffic to the website in its initial stages.
Before developing and launching a website, try to find a reliable web hosting solution to host your website as it affects traffic and ranking of your website, and can be risky if not taken seriously.
There are many free techniques and paid methods to drive traffic to a new website. Some experts recommend free techniques and many of them go for the paid ones, but we have a different notion. A mixture of both paid and free works well and can drive tons of traffic to a new website. The main obstacle is how webmasters utilize all the free and paid resources. Additionally, the strategy that they follow for website marketing and social appearance is paramount.
In this blog post, we have gathered some easy yet powerful and whitehat techniques that drive lots of traffic to your new website for long-lasting results. Let’s explore:
- Mobile-Friendly and Optimized Website
The first impression is the last impression. A clean and well-organized website is the first thing your visitor will notice. Not only users but also search engines prefer optimized, well-structured, and user-friendly websites. It has been announced officially by Google and Bing that they will penalize non-mobile friendly websites and their rankings will be lowered down. Along with good structure, it’s important to equip your website with the following features.
- Fast Loading Speed – Search engines crawling bots have a limited time to crawl on your website and index necessary pages and posts. If your website’s loading time is more than 3-4 seconds, it may affect indexing of your website in the search engines very badly.
- On-Page SEO – Optimized Titles, Meta Tags, Concise URL Structure, and interlinking of the pages and posts help you rank higher on the search engines.
- Search Engine Submission & Tracking – Before starting any social media campaigns and paid advertisements, add Google Analytics code to your website so that you can track visitors, demographics, and other necessary figures of the website. Also, submit the website to Google and Bing so it can be indexed accordingly.
- Content is King
After the development of your website, content is the backbone of the website. All the SEO, social media campaigns, paid advertisement, search engine ranking, and the conversion rate will be dependent on your website’s content. Remember, Google considers over 200 factors to rank your website on its first page and the content is directly related with most of them. We can write a dedicated article about the importance of content, but here, we are listing some most important and necessary aspects of content.
- Well-researched, manually written, and 100% original content without any duplication.
- Never use article spinners to copy other articles to your website. Believe us, if you are doing that, you are killing your website.
- Write at least 1800 words per blog post. Try to add a content table. Adding bullets, headings, and sub-heading is the best practice to increase user’s interest in your content
- Add relevant images, videos, and infographics to support your written content.
- Social Media
Facebook has about 2.26 billion monthly users while Instagram and Twitter have 1 billion and 67 million users respectively. So, with these figures, you can easily understand the importance of social media. Several strategies and techniques can be used to grab the attention of social media users, but we’ll list some of the important and easy for you.
- Share relevant images, videos, and infographics as they are shared widely and create a lot of engagement.
- Ask questions and offer gifts for the right answers. Usually, people answer these questions because it cost them nothing and everyone like to win a free gift.
- Facebook and Instagram offer highly targeted paid advertisement using which you can target your real future customers based on their interests and other aspects like age, gender, and location.
- Run Polls to create engagement. Ask interesting questions so people don’t scroll down without participating in your poll.
- Guest Blogging
Many good bloggers offer free posts on their websites. So, by approaching some high-authority blogs and writing guest posts on them can not only help you increase ranking on the search engines but also you can get new and fresh traffic from these blogs. The thing to remember here is that the blog or website you are writing a guest post on should be relevant to your niche. The post you publish there should be meaningful and well-written.
You can also offer guest posts to other bloggers and business owner on your website. It is often witnessed that whenever someone writes a blog post on other websites, he/she share your website’s link on his social media accounts that can also bring a fair amount of traffic to your website.
- Take Benefit of Quora and Yahoo Answers
Quora is a discussion platform where users ask questions and seek relevant answers. Quora has 300 million monthly users and if used effectively, you can get more than you think from Quora. All you have to do is play smart while choosing a relevant question to answer. Remember, Quora has some strict standards for link sharing so don’t share links with every answer. Try to be active on Quora, answer 1 or 2 questions daily. You are recommended to add your relevant post’s links once or twice in a week. Similarly, you can use Yahoo Answers to drive traffic to your website.
- Contests and Giveaways
To attract customers and create engagement, you can use several techniques, like:
- Announce giveaways on different events like Christmas, New Year, and other local festivals.
- Ask relevant questions and give two options to select one. For example, if you are running a pet store, you make ask something like, “Which dog breed would like to adopt? 1) Bernedoodle 2) Labrador”, people will go crazy to answer them and tag their friends on the post.
- Offer free and customized gifts, and run polls.
You can use different techniques as per your requirements or the nature of your business.
- Google AdWords and Facebook Paid Advertising
Both of these are paid methods to drive traffic and they work well if you configure and set up them accordingly.
Online appearance of your business should never be taken easy or your competitors may wash you out.