Every day more and more people in our world suffer from nervous tension . Especially this applies to developed countries, whose inhabitants are not at all easy to resist the frenzied rhythm of the life of modern society. What should I do to protect myself from stress and calm my nerves?
When it comes to nervous tension, it is very important to note that it can not be ignored – otherwise, it negatively affects the quality of a person’s life. Because of nervous tension, both mental and physical health of a person suffers, problems arise in relations with others.
Many of us at least once in my life encountered a similar problem. As a rule, in most cases, the nervous tension passes by itself, without bringing any complications.
On the other hand, it should alert if nervous tension is prolonged and lasts 6 months or more. This suggests that without the help of a competent specialist cannot do. After all, in this case, we can talk about more serious disorders of the psyche.
Nervous tension: what are its causes?
Numerous everyday worries, stress at work, conflicts and quarrels with relatives or partners … All this can cause nervous tension. It can also be caused by the following problems:
- Hormonal imbalance, which can disturb a woman during various stages of her life. Disorders of the hormonal background are due to the course of the menstrual cycle and the characteristics of the reproductive life of a woman.
- Stress is the main cause of nervous tension. The rapid rhythm of the life of modern man, the stressful and stressful situations that we have to face day in and day out … It’s not easy to resist such pressure! As a result, we experience stresses that can be either light or episodic, or protracted and chronic, because of which we are developing a real decline in strength.
- Mental disorders caused by various phobias lead to violations of human behavior. These include panic attacks, as well as attacks of fear.
- Traumatic situations that trigger the onset of nervous tension. In this case, patients need psychotherapy.
- Narcotic drugs and medications: Some chemical compounds used in the manufacture of narcotic drugs and drugs can also lead to unpleasant health effects for some people.
The nervous tension that occurs in a difficult stressful situation can be removed with the help of natural remedies that help calm nerves. When it comes to a more serious problem, you need to seek help from a psychologist.
What natural remedies will help relieve nervous tension?
Today we will tell you about 5 effective natural remedies that help to cope with the symptoms of stress and nervous tension.
This plant is a natural sedative. Lavender helps cope with anxiety and relieve stress.
- 2 teaspoons of honey (15 g.)
- 1 glass of hot water (250 ml.)
- 4 sprigs of fresh lavender
- Juice half a lemon
- Heat one glass of water and add to it the sprigs of lavender. After 15 minutes strain the drink, and then add to it two teaspoons of honey and juice of half a lemon.
- It is best to drink it slightly warm. It is recommended to take such a drink before going to bed, it will help you relax and quickly fall asleep.
Although many of us consider chocolate a forbidden fruit, thanks to the high content of antioxidants, this product has a lot of health benefits for our health.
In order to make chocolate more useful, it is recommended to choose varieties with a higher content of cocoa.
Chocolate stimulates the production of serotonin. This substance is often called the “hormone of happiness.”
What to do?
Buy a bar of chocolate with 60% cocoa and eat 30-60 grams per day.
Oatmeal not only helps to lose weight without causing suffering, but it is also a good natural remedy against nervous tension and stress.
The vitamins, minerals, and fiber contained in it have a beneficial effect on the human nervous system, relieving us of nervous tension. Also, the use of oatmeal water helps to satisfy the feeling of hunger, because of what we use fewer calories.
- 5 tablespoons oatmeal (50 g.)
- 1 liter of water
- Add 5 tablespoons of oatmeal to 1 liter of water and give the drink 30 minutes. Drink oat water throughout the day.
- Smoothies from pears, strawberries, and bananas
Smoothies made of banana and strawberries help to relieve nervous tension
Therapy with natural juices and cocktails is also an effective way of treating emotional disorders.
Such drinks can be used for prevention, and for the treatment of stress and nervous tension. Try to prepare smoothies with the following recipe:
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml.)
- 1/4 cup of pear puree (52 g.)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (80 g.)
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast (5 g.)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat well to make the mixture homogeneous. After that, smoothies can be drunk.
- Hot shower or bath
As you know, a hot shower is not recommended to be taken too often, as it can cause dry skin.
On the other hand, from time to time you can do it. A hot shower or bath helps to relax and cope with nervous tension.
What to do?
Fill the tub with hot water and add to it a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Take a hot bath or shower is recommended not more than 15-20 minutes.